Sex workers had not been included in the Nye County Commission’s initial discussions about the proposed changes to the hours when prostitutes could leave brothels
(MikeSouth.com) – After sparking outrage among sex workers and civil libertarians, a proposed government mandated “lockdown” policy for sex workers in Nye County, Nevada’s legal brothels – forcing them to remain on the premises round-the-clock with only a six-hour window of freedom for every ten-day period – has quietly been dropped from a proposed brothel ordinance.
A working draft of the controversial proposal was crafted over the last two years and completed last month, said Nye County Commission Chairman John Koenig. It had been expected to be introduced at the Oct. 15 commission meeting.
“What we’re talking about here,” Little said, “is the government locking down and restraining the freedom of adult women working in a legal business to come and go as they please even when not working.”